× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX41 loses connection to internet every 2 days.

lheckman77
Aspirant

RAX41 loses connection to internet every 2 days.

My brand new RAX41 loses connection to internet every other day.  It has a static IP.  I have this router at my work with 11 different users most of which are connected via ethernet.  Only things using wireless are phones and Alexis.  This is a business that operates 24/7 and so when I am not here and it goes out I have walk others through rebooting the router and believe me there are some that I don't want anywhere near the router.

Message 1 of 3

@lheckman77 wrote:

My brand new RAX41 loses connection to internet every other day.

The usual questions to get the ball rolling and eliminate a few possibilities.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 3
lheckman77
Aspirant

What firmware version do you have on the device?  V1.0.12.120_2.0.83

That was the one I installed when it came up with Firmware update available.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?
          It is a cable modem only ARRIS Model SB6183

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7