× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX45 QOS

bdm1955
Follower

RAX45 QOS

In most recent firmware release (V1.0.2.82_2.0.50) for the RAX45, editing the QOS priority appears to be ignored using 'Basic' or 'Advanced' tabs.  For example, changing a laptop or TV from "Low" to "High" or "Highest" and then pressing "Apply" doesn't appear to change the priority, even after pressing refresh or rebooting the router.  Can't currently change any device or any prioriry up or down.  Tried with MS Edge Version 89.0.774.63 and Chrome Version 89.0.4389.114.

Using Xfinity with 200Mbps connection (233.62Mbps download/6.3Mpbs upload).

A suggested enhancement to the QOS screen would be to enable user to just press the "Edit" button and be able to edit all listed devices at once instead of only being able to adjust priority on a single device at a time.  Pretty tedious/time consuming process if you want to 'tune' multiple devices - assuming the QOS functionality is working.

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX45 QOS

Hi bdm1955, 

Does reverting back to the previous firmware version help address the issue? Thanks for your kind suggestion regarding the QOS screen!

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
NotHappy78
Initiate

Re: RAX45 QOS

I have a RAX48 but that's not even available as a selection 

We're coming up to a year since this post and the issue still exists. I'm on Firmware V1.0.5.106_2.0.70 and the problem has only gotten worse. I've been trying to troubleshoot which devices may be hogging my bandwidth so I turned on QoS and it has the WORST interface. When you click on attached devices it only shows the first entry, no matter which device you click on it's only going to show you the top one! Then when you edit the entry in order to set the priority list, the setting NEVER saves. The admin console constantly slows down and becomes unusable.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7