× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX50 5G setup greyed out

rpaxel2
Aspirant

RAX50 5G setup greyed out

I have an RAX50 running FW 1.0.11.112.  5G wireless is no longer working, when I go to wireless setup it shows the Enable SSID Broadcast box checked but it's greyed out, like something else is overriding it.  Also, the SSID is no longer shown correctly.  Had the router for about 1 year, never had any problems with 5G until now.  (guest 5G still works fine).  Any help would be appreciated.

rpaxel2_0-1666029458040.png

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
rpaxel2
Aspirant

Well, I think I found the issue, I selected Enable Smart Connect and it must have greyed out the 5G setup area.  I unselected it and my 5G setup is active now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Is smart connect enabled on the router? Try disabling smart connect...

Message 2 of 4
rpaxel2
Aspirant

Well, I think I found the issue, I selected Enable Smart Connect and it must have greyed out the 5G setup area.  I unselected it and my 5G setup is active now.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7