× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX50 5G stops working

dave9398
Aspirant

RAX50 5G stops working

Hello,

I have been using my RAX50 router for approximately 1 year with almost no issues but lately the 5G SSID broadcasts but my devices cannot connect to it. I have restarted the router a few times and that works but the last restart took a physical power cycling to work and it was less than a week since the last restart. I am on firmware version V1.0.12.120_2.0.83 which seems to be the latest. 2.4 is still working fine but I have a fiber line and the lower speeds from 2.4 is disappointing (and the reason I moved to the RAX50 from the provided CenturyLink router was because of speed and coverage).

Thanks for any ideas,

Dave

Message 1 of 4
Kitsap
Master

@dave9398 wrote:

Hello,

I have been using my RAX50 router for approximately 1 year with almost no issues but lately the 5G SSID broadcasts but my devices cannot connect to it. I have restarted the router a few times and that works but the last restart took a physical power cycling to work and it was less than a week since the last restart. I am on firmware version V1.0.12.120_2.0.83 which seems to be the latest. 2.4 is still working fine but I have a fiber line and the lower speeds from 2.4 is disappointing (and the reason I moved to the RAX50 from the provided CenturyLink router was because of speed and coverage).

Thanks for any ideas,

Dave

Perform a firmware default reset before and after you re-flash the same version of firmware that is already flashed.  Make sure you flash the firmware from a web browser on a computer directly connected to the router via an Ethernet cable.

It is possible you have a hardware failure.

Are the devices you are trying to connect based on iOS?  Windows?  Android?

Message 2 of 4
dave9398
Aspirant

The devices are all of the above IOS, Windows, and Android tv with the same issue. I will try and do the reset when I have some time to reset all of the customization I did to set the vlan etc. for CL.

Thanks for the suggestions

Message 3 of 4
Kitsap
Master

Please confirm your Wi-Fi indicator LED's are illuminated.

Does your 5 GHz SSID and password differ a great deal from your 2.4 GHz SSID and password?  There is a chance what is accepted by one device is more than another can accept.  For a test, go back to the Wi-Fi SSID and password printed on the nameplate.

When a device does not connect, you may have to forget the network on the device and re-enter the password.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7