× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX50 - Reset Wireless Network to NETGEAR Default

calroeske
Follower

RAX50 - Reset Wireless Network to NETGEAR Default

Came home from to find that my wireless network was gone.  In it's place was a totally open NETGEAR wireless network.  I couldn't login to the router with admin credentials either  (factory or private).  So, I ended up doing a factory reset, firmware got updated and re-entered all my network information.  Seems to be working now.  But I'm curious if anyone else has had their network blown away and what could causes it.  (It obviously wasn't a firmware update as I updated during reset process)  

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
Razor512
Prodigy

Re: RAX50 - Reset Wireless Network to NETGEAR Default

That is a really strangeissue. Not sure if anyone else experienced it but that would definitely be a risky isue to have happen.

If possible, keep an eye on the device for if it happena again, and if so, before doing a factory reset, if the web UI can be accessed, then head to the debug page.

often routerIP/debug.htm Then start capturing a debug log, and then after 2-3 minutes, save it. That would go a long way in tracking down the root cause. As of now, it is hard to tell if it is an issue with your specific unit, or some extremely rare software issue. With the new firmware, if it is a software issue there is always a chance that the issue may simply never happen again. Beyond that, this definitely seems like something to keep a close eye on.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7