× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX50's SSID reverting to default

mjlemay
Follower

RAX50's SSID reverting to default

Hi,

Without any warning, my router SSID reverted to their default value tonight. Automatic update is enabled. My firmware version is 1.0.12.120_2.0.83. A quick search on NetGear web site doesn't provide any information for this version.

The Guest SSIDs and passwords didn't change.

Can someone confirm that there was indeed an automatic update that screwed my SSIDs? Or is this a known issue?

Thanks in advanced,

Mike

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX50's SSID reverting to default

Can we confirm it 100%? No. 

but there's been several posts already today about it so I'd be suspecting something like that versus other issues. 

Message 2 of 7
Letafort
Aspirant

Applicable to 6 GHz devices only: Only use the device indoors. The operation of 6 GHz devices is prohibited on oil platforms, cars, trains, boats, and aircraft, except that operation of this device is permitted in large aircraft while flying above 10,000 feet. Operation of transmitters in the 5.925-7.125 GHz band is prohibited for control of or communications with unmanned aircraft systems.         Panorama Charter Spectrum

Message 3 of 7
microchip8
Master

Turn off auto-update. It can brick your router...
Message 4 of 7
MLBmn
Aspirant

Same exact issue. Firmware V1.0.12.120_2.0.83
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the router and setup from scratch. Might manually load FW to the router using MS edge or Firefox with a wired PC, then after it's loaded, factory reset and setup from scratch. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

@MLBmn wrote:
Same exact issue. Firmware V1.0.12.120_2.0.83

Message 6 of 7

Hi @mjlemay @microchip8 ,

Does your wi-fi SSID/ passphrase contain " ", space or any special character ?

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7