× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX50 upload speeds are extremely slow

Omnibus1
Aspirant

RAX50 upload speeds are extremely slow

I just bought the RAX50 and the download speeds are 300mps and the upload speeds are a nonexistent 0.5mps.  I have Verizon FIOS 300/300.  The old router (R7000) was getting 300/300.  What would affect the upload speed like that?  I haven't made any changes to the router and am currently using the factory settings. When I log into the router and do the speed test it shows 300/300.  When I use the Verizon speed test or speakeasy, its 300/0.5. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
Kitsap
Master

Re: RAX50 upload speeds are extremely slow

@Omnibus1 wrote:

I just bought the RAX50 and the download speeds are 300mps and the upload speeds are a nonexistent 0.5mps.  I have Verizon FIOS 300/300.  The old router (R7000) was getting 300/300.  What would affect the upload speed like that?  I haven't made any changes to the router and am currently using the factory settings. When I log into the router and do the speed test it shows 300/300.  When I use the Verizon speed test or speakeasy, its 300/0.5. Any ideas?

Are you on Windows or iOS?  If on Windows, check the properties of the network profile and make sure they are set to private and not public.

What is the brand name and model number of the Optical Network Terminal connected upstream of the RAX50?

What device are you using to test the throughput?  Connected through Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

Recommend your use the stand alone installable testing application from Ookla.  It is available in the play store.

Message 2 of 5
Omnibus1
Aspirant

Windows 11.  Network is set to private.  I have tried both Wi-Fi and Ethernet and get the same results. The Verizon ONT model is I-211M-L. 

I just connected a separate laptop to the router via Wi-Fi 5G and Ethernet and it is fine showing 300/300.  I am working on a desktop that has an MSI motherboard Z490 ACE.  The network adapter is an Inter(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160 MHz.

It looks like it's something specific to the Desktop.  Both laptop and desktop are running window 11.  The desktop network adapter is Intel*R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz.  Both have the most updated drivers.  

Message 3 of 5
Omnibus1
Aspirant

I made a mistake,  the Laptop network adapter is an Inter(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160 MHz.

The desktop adapter is an Inter(R) Wi-Fi 6AX201 160 MHz

Both have the latest drivers.  

Message 4 of 5
Kitsap
Master

On a Windows computer, the Wi-Fi card has separate and independent drivers from the Ethernet port.

Use the control panel device manager to check on your Ethernet port manufacturer and part number under network adapters.  Once your have the part number, a web search should reveal any background issues.

Recently Intel has had numerous problems with drivers for their Ethernet port hardware devices.  The solution has been to remove any Intel software, then use the control panel and remove the Intel driver and device installation.  When you restart Windows, it will install the Microsoft version of the driver.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7