× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX70 Tri-Band as main router, looking for AP with Smart Connect

Scott_VA
Aspirant

RAX70 Tri-Band as main router, looking for AP with Smart Connect

Hi - I am currently using an RAX70 (not RAX80 which I had to select to create this post) Tri-Band router, installed in my office on the 3rd floor of my home (very happy with it so far).  I use the Smart Connect feature to coallesce the bands into a single SSID for my 30-40 devices.   I'd like to add a wireless AP in the basement and I want to have the AP use Smart Connect so I can have a seamless experience throughout the house.  I can't seem to find any APs with Smart Connect.  If there is one you can recommend (preferably ceiling mount), I'd appreciate it.  If there is a technical reason APs can't use Smart Connect, and my search will be fruitless, I'd appreciate knowing that too! 

Via Googling, I've found at least one router that can utilize Smart Connect in AP mode (Archer A7), but I'd prefer not to have an an unattractive router in the finished basement.  If I have to go with a router, are there Netgear routers that support Smart Connect in AP mode?

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 2
twindev
Aspirant

Re: RAX70 Tri-Band as main router, looking for AP with Smart Connect

Most Netgear routers support Smart Connect features. Just based on my personal experience, I'd recommend the Nighthawk R7000 for a budget-friendly high-performance router.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7