× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 IPv6 drops after an hour with Rogers

Deadaus
Tutor

RAX80 IPv6 drops after an hour with Rogers

Hi,

I have the latest firmware - V1.0.4.120_1.0.61 and have reset router once installed. Tried this persons fix since I had the same modem from Rogers with similiar issue:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7000-keeps-losing-IPv6-WAN-address/m-p/1297... 

Received today my brand new modem and put it in bridge mode. The RAX80 receives the ipv6 like the last modem did and it also drops it after 1 hour. It gets all the information via DHCP and fills everything in correctly and works perfect for 1 hour then dissapears from settings?

I have played with numerous settings and dont understand why it loose the ipv6 and only a reset or reboot brings it back.

Any suggestions before I get rid of this router. I can't ask tech support since I bought it second hand and warranty is NOT TRANSFERABLE even though is was bought brand new about 2 months ago.

Cheers.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX80 IPv6 drops after an hour with Rogers

And what actual modem/gateway do you have? 

the thread/user stated that all of the hiltron devices had that issues when in bridge mode. 

Maybe its an issue specific to how your isp is provisioning their gateways for bridge mode. 

Have you tried leaving the modem/gateway in modem/router mode , disable its wifi, and then put the netgear in access point mode? 

Or leaving the modem/router in router mode (disable its wifi) and putting the netgears IP address into the modem/router's DMZ?

Message 2 of 3
Deadaus
Tutor

Re: RAX80 IPv6 drops after an hour with Rogers

Thanks for the reply.

I acutally tried once again a full reset and set-up and I am glade to say it is keeping the ipv6 address now. So it looks like it was related to the older modem from Rogers that was the issue.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7