× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 LAN Ports Voltage Specs

RickFranks
Follower

RAX80 LAN Ports Voltage Specs

I have an RAX80 Router and would like to connect a PoE security camera to one of the LAN ports that I would be able to access with software on a PC over my home network. I can't find any specs on the LAN ports themselves but from what I understand a PoE camera needs 12V2amp power on the LAN port. Could you tell me if the LAN ports on the RAX80 conform to this voltage spec? I was hoping to not have to use a separate power supply for the camera. Thank you for any help. 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Razor512
Prodigy

Re: RAX80 LAN Ports Voltage Specs

Since the ports are not powered, you will need to use a compatible POE injector (many are in the $15-20 range), They can work well if you need to use just one camera or other PoE device, but if you need to run multiple cameras, then consider getting a PoE switch, many decent 5-8 port units can be had for around $50.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
microchip8
Master

There are no specs available and I highly doubt the LAN ports output 12V. The RAX80 routers is not a PoE switch. It won't work.
Message 2 of 3
Razor512
Prodigy

Since the ports are not powered, you will need to use a compatible POE injector (many are in the $15-20 range), They can work well if you need to use just one camera or other PoE device, but if you need to run multiple cameras, then consider getting a PoE switch, many decent 5-8 port units can be had for around $50.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7