× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX80 support for WPA3

henrik367
Follower

RAX80 support for WPA3

When will the RAX80 get WPA3 support? 

It has been said from the start that the router should support wpa3 at a later date, but I'm starting to doubt. The competing router from Asus, RT-AX88U, got WPA3 support in November. Does anyone know when wWPA3 will come into place on the RAX80?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
Clibert
Star

They can’t fix the issues it has doubt it ever gets it
Message 2 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi henrik367, 

We currently do not have an ETA or any further details on when the RAX80 should support WPA3. We'll provide an update as soon as we can.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 3 of 7
gibfahn
Initiate

Looks like WPA3-Personal has shipped, I just enabled it today on my RAX-80, I'm currently on Firmware Version V1.0.3.98_1.0.46 (didn't actively update it).

Message 4 of 7
Clive61
Aspirant

My new nighthawk has WPA3 option. And it either fails to connect to my iPhone or iPad. I have had to reset it back to wpa2. 
the product loaded an update when first installing

Message 5 of 7
gibfahn
Initiate

Yeah I found that older devices in my house didn't yet have WPA3 support (iPhone worked, OnePlus 5T didn't).

I ended up splitting the 2.4GHz and 5.0Ghz bands and doing:

2.4 GHz: WPA2-Personal[AES] + WPA3-Personal

5.0 GHz: WPA3-Personal

I had an issue with it a few weeks ago, but I restarted the router and everything has been good otherwise.

Message 6 of 7
Clive61
Aspirant

Yes I tried splitting the bands. It took longer to drop the connections but still dropped the wpa3. Although it worked on the guest g5.
Also tried to reboot and restore.
Yesterday was the final straw. When even after multiple restarts it said that there were 5 devices on it that had been turned off or gone to work with people.

I’m afraid I am returning it. It’s not cheap and I don’t need the hassle.

But thanks
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7