× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAXE500 6GHz network invisible to AX210

IreneHwang
Aspirant

RAXE500 6GHz network invisible to AX210

Hi community,

I already red several posts about 6E problems, but I couldn't find any clue for me.  

The problem is, as I wrote in subject, AX210 can't detect 6E SSID at all.

I'm struggling for connecting RAXE500's 6GHz network on my desktop for a couple of weeks, but so far, I can't find solution yet.

My environment is : 

- RAXE500 with FW v1.0.6.64, Armor disabled, located within 1 meter from all 6E clients

6GHz radio is on with Advanced Open. 

- Windows 10 desktop with AX210, registry modified as Is6GhzBandSupported with value 1

- Galaxy S21 Ultra which detects well 6GHz SSID and works well of course

I tried serverl ways to catch 6GHz SSID on AX210 but all failed : 

- Windows 10 2004 + AX210 22.50.1 + Registry modification

- Windows 10 21H1 + AX210 22.50.1 + Registry modification

- Windows 10 21H1 + AX210 22.60.0.6 + Registry modification

- Windows 10 21H1 + AX210 22.45.1.1(un-official version extracted from Insider build - https://dongknows.com/wi-fi-6e-6ghz-intel-ax210-driver/)

- Windows 10 21H1 + AX210 22.45.1.1 + Registry modification

- Windows 10 Insider Preview(didn't remeber exact version) + AX210 22.50.1 

- Windows 10 Insider Preview(didn't remeber exact version) + AX210 22.50.1 + 

- Windows 11 Insider Preview 22000.65 + AX210 22.60.0.5

- Windows 11 Insider Preview 22000.65 + AX210 22.60.0.5 + Registry modification

- Change Wi-Fi antennas

- Buy more AX210 card and exchange

As AX210 doesn't support Monitor mode in Windows to sniff Wi-Fi control/management message, no Wi-Fi scanner app which supports 6GHz, neither no detail log from RAXE500, I fee like an idiot and have nothing I can try.

Should I have to move into Linux? ( But I have no confidence that it would work well in Linux .. )

Can anyone help me to see RAXE500's 6GHz SSID on AX210 or even to find any cause?

Any small advices will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello IreneHwang,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 11
Razor512
Prodigy

Is your WiFi radio or OS instal localized to another country where the 6GHz band is not allowed?

That has been a common issue, especiallly for peoplewho imported the RAXE500 into other countries where their regulortory authorities decided to be unfair and not alloy people to enjoy the 6GHz band, thus they ended up with a WiFi router that would broadcast on the 6GHz band but none of their localized client devices would be allowed to even look at that band.

Aside from that, none of the current WiFi scanning apps support the 6GHz band, thus it is realy only visible in the AP list that windows generates.

Message 3 of 11
IreneHwang
Aspirant

Hi  @Christian_R

Thank you for the comment and I'll try.

Message 4 of 11
IreneHwang
Aspirant

Hi @Razor512 , 

Thank you for the comment.

RAXE500 - imported from US, installed in Korea, where 6GHz is also allowed

Intel AX210 - imported from US (but made in China)

Although the Region in the RAXE500's Adminitration menu is set as North America which I cannot change, I think RAXE500's 6GHz itself seems to have no problem as I can detect and connect well with Samsung S21 Ultra(Korean domestic version).

I'm now strongly suspicious of Intel AX210 driver or firmware becuase I noticed all AX210's 6GHz channels in AX210 are disabled using Ubuntu 21.04 / kernel 5.11. Maybe it could be related with localization or regulation as you pointed out, but I'm not sure yet.

I've requested Intel's customer support but couldn't have proper answer so far.

If you have further advice or comment, it would be also appreciated.  

Message 5 of 11
Razor512
Prodigy

In the device manager settings for the AX210, do you have any visible 6GHz related settings, e.g., in the attached image from my AX210?

ax210.jpg

Image link on imgur in case the embedding doesn't work: https://i.imgur.com/K7qHDGR.jpg 

Message 6 of 11
IreneHwang
Aspirant

Yes, I can see that 6GHz menu, also the 6Ghz option in the preferred band setting.  

To the eye, it looks no problem. But it never detects 6GHz SSID. 

I've exchanged antennas and AX210 cards into another one, but still have same problem. Very weired.

Message 7 of 11
7Dust
Guide

Did you see this thread when reading other posts?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/WiFi-6E-Problems-RAXE500/td-p/2078...

Unless you are willing to run an Open connection then I do not believe it is working for any Windows users. Microsoft seems to indicate they will include WP3 with security (WPA3-Personal?) in their next major build release.

"Adding WPA3 H2E standards support for enhanced Wi-Fi security"

Someone estimated that may be around October.

Here are the MS release notes for the future release:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/07/15/introducing-the-next-feature-update-to-window...

PS.

Did you try setting the 500 to Open on 6 just to see the SSID appear?

Message 8 of 11
IreneHwang
Aspirant

Thank you for kind comment 

Yes I already red that post. 

As you could imagine, I already set my 500 for 6GHz as Open just to detect SSID.

For me, at this stage, Auth doesn't matter and has second-priority.

Just for your information,

RAXE500 and the desktop are in line of sight, within just 1.5 meter.

Antennas are directly connected to the bracket and no coex cable. 

Message 9 of 11
IreneHwang
Aspirant

Adding short commment just to give small understanding for anyone who has same problem : 

In spite of a couple-of-weeks studying and googlnig, I finally failed to resolve the issue and now have a candidate conclusion that LAR(Location Aware Regulatory, Location Aware Roaming or whatever) feature of AX210 is the reason of my trouble.

In Windows, there's no way to change or modify it, especially Country code from AX210, I can't turn on 6GHz of AX210 in Windows environment or can't use wonderful 6GHz capability of RAXE500 with my PC or labtop, although 6GHz is alreay allowed here in my country.

I'd like to appreciate everyone who gave me all the comments and intersts for this issue so far. 

Message 10 of 11
petru44o
Aspirant

Hello,

Did you manage to resolve this?

I want to buy RAXE500 from US and ordered Fenvi FV-AXE3000 Wi-Fi 6E AX210, Bluetooth 5,2, PCIExpress adapter for PC.

Is there a way to make it work despite the location of your presence?

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7