× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAXE500 Beta FW v1.0.9.78 is available for testing

Tonkinite
Luminary

Ethernet access through the router is oddly slow, anyone else seeing this? Admin access direct to the router and smart hub access via Ethernet is quite slow

Message 26 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

What browser are you using? 

@Tonkinite wrote:

Ethernet access through the router is oddly slow, anyone else seeing this? Admin access direct to the router and smart hub access via Ethernet is quite slow

Message 27 of 41
Tonkinite
Luminary

The ISP is Xfinity and the cable modem is a Netgear CM1000.

Yes, a factory reset has been done and the original settings restored, though I've never seen this make any difference.

The computer is connected directly to the router via Ethernet, and the browser chosen doesn't appear to make any difference, but I usually use Firefox. The Admin panels simply do not load in the expected way, often I need to refresh several times before the panels load normally. If I just wait, often panels are simply not filled in, and the router eventually times out the connection.

I'm seeing frequent similar problems with my Lutron smart hub, which is also directly connected via Ethernet.

Use of an intermediate switch does not seem to make any difference.

Message 28 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

How many devices do you have connected to the router? 

Same thing happens if you turn them all off accept for the wired PC? 

I'm not seeing this on mine. Using MS Edge. Mines in router mode though with only 6Ghz broadcasting at the moment. 

Message 29 of 41
Tonkinite
Luminary

Two smartphones and a smart tablet (3 wireless)

Two desktop computers and one laptop (2 wireless, 1 wired)

5 TV boxes, two Roku boxes, and two flat screen TVs, one Blu Ray player (10 wireless)

12 HomePods (12 wireless)

5 WiFi cameras 

3 Netgear ReadyNAS units (3 wired)

4 IP Cameras (4 wired)

2 wired switches 

Miscellaneous health devices (5 wireless)

So 37+ wireless devices and 10 wired ones, if they were all going at the same time, which of course they are not, as it's just me using all this.

My previous R9000 didn't have a problem with this setup, and it likely has a slower processor, and the configuration is 95% identical, It'd be nice to turn off the 6GHz band on the new one to match but that doesn't seem to work for some reason.

I haven't done exclusion testing yet, but if I had to guess, I'd bet on this being due to the WiFi camera traffic.

Message 30 of 41
avtella
Prodigy

Probably has nothing to do with the CPU as the R9000s Cortex A15 is actually more powerful. The Cortex A53 in the RAXE500 is a successor to the low power Cortex A7 and performs close to the A9. The A57 is the A15 successor. The A53 in the RAXE500 does have superior crypto accelerator though.
Message 31 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

See if turning OFF all cameras changes anything. 

@Tonkinite wrote:

Two smartphones and a smart tablet (3 wireless)

Two desktop computers and one laptop (2 wireless, 1 wired)

5 TV boxes, two Roku boxes, and two flat screen TVs, one Blu Ray player (10 wireless)

12 HomePods (12 wireless)

5 WiFi cameras 

3 Netgear ReadyNAS units (3 wired)

4 IP Cameras (4 wired)

2 wired switches 

Miscellaneous health devices (5 wireless)

So 37+ wireless devices and 10 wired ones, if they were all going at the same time, which of course they are not, as it's just me using all this.

My previous R9000 didn't have a problem with this setup, and it likely has a slower processor, and the configuration is 95% identical, It'd be nice to turn off the 6GHz band on the new one to match but that doesn't seem to work for some reason.

I haven't done exclusion testing yet, but if I had to guess, I'd bet on this being due to the WiFi camera traffic.

Message 32 of 41
BH-C
NETGEAR Expert

@Tonkinite wrote:

The computer is connected directly to the router via Ethernet, and the browser chosen doesn't appear to make any difference, but I usually use Firefox. The Admin panels simply do not load in the expected way, often I need to refresh several times before the panels load normally. If I just wait, often panels are simply not filled in, and the router eventually times out the connection.

So @Tonkinite, you don't have this problem if you connect to the RAXE500 wirelesely?

Message 33 of 41
Tonkinite
Luminary

Connected over WiFi, there are delays, but significantly shorter and these occur less often. It's quite strange for an admin webpage to be less reliable over a direct Ethernet connection.

WiFi connection is not an option for a fair number of smart hubs such as the Lutron hub I'm using, which can only be connected via Ethernet. It's also a very low bandwidth device.

I don't see these issues on my previous Netgear router, a R9000.

Message 34 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

See if turning OFF all cameras changes anything. 

@Tonkinite wrote:

Connected over WiFi, there are delays, but significantly shorter and these occur less often. It's quite strange for an admin webpage to be less reliable over a direct Ethernet connection.

WiFi connection is not an option for a fair number of smart hubs such as the Lutron hub I'm using, which can only be connected via Ethernet. It's also a very low bandwidth device.

I don't see these issues on my previous Netgear router, a R9000.

Message 35 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

@Altsai 

Ater doing a factory rest on my RAXE500, noticed the region is Korea? 

image_2022-03-05_110215.png

Message 36 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

So I managed to get a PC with Windows 11 installed on this same PC that I have Windows 10 and up and running. Same Intel AX210 6Ghz Wi-Fi adapter. Channel 69 (PSC). 2.4 and 5Ghz radios also running. Smart Connect enabled. CAX80 Modem mode. 

Looking Good: 

Windows11Installed.png

Windows11ConnectionRate6GHz.png

Windows11WiFIAnalyzer6GhzWPA3.png

SpeedResultsOver900Mpbs6GhzWindows11.png

Message 37 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Anyone else noticed that the System Uptime values are blank on the debug page? 

Message 38 of 41
BH-C
NETGEAR Expert

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Anyone else noticed that the System Uptime values are blank on the debug page? 

Yes, the issue was noticed, and it will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks.

Message 39 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for confirming. I'll be checking on next FW soon. 

Message 40 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

New FW released:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/New-RAXE500-Firmware-Version-1-0-1...

@BH-C wrote:

Yes, the issue was noticed, and it will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks.

Message 41 of 41
Discussion stats
  • 40 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7