× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAXE500 - Network USB Doesn't Work

JaegerOmega
Aspirant

RAXE500 - Network USB Doesn't Work

I just connected my RAXE500 and wanted to set up the USB drive on readyshare that I previously used on my older Nighthawk but it doesn't seem to work. I went to the Advanced settings and shut off all the connections exception the LAN connection. I changed the name to \\cloud like it was on my old router. 

It can see my drive but when I try to map the network connection it can't connect.

I also am unable to edit the Network Folder. When I open it and try to select Root or any other folder (It does see all the folders on the drive) as the share folder, it doesn't fill in the field. When I manually fill in the field with either any of the following it also can't find them "FolderName" "\FolderName" "U:\FolderName". Also I can't seem to set admin password for read AND write.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 18
Razor512
Prodigy

What does it show the share folder name as you you open windows explorer and enter in \\router IP

For example, if the router IP is 192.168.1.1, then you enter in \\192.168.1.1

This will help determine if the share name actually changed.

PS with that method you can also right click on the share that shows up and map it from there if needed as well.

Message 2 of 18
JaegerOmega
Aspirant

When I tried this it wouldn't connect.

Message 3 of 18
Razor512
Prodigy

What error does it give when you use the router's IP address?

Message 4 of 18
JaegerOmega
Aspirant

Connection refused
Message 5 of 18
Razor512
Prodigy

I wonder if the network browser function is disabled in windows, or if the network was mistakenly identified as public rather than private by the windows firewall thuus disabling the file sharing functions.

What happens if you click on the network folder in the lefthand column in the file explorer?

Message 6 of 18
JaegerOmega
Aspirant

I'll check that when I get on next. Rough few days didn't even think of that.
Message 7 of 18
JaegerOmega
Aspirant

No dice. I even turned off the firewall on private to try.
Message 8 of 18
Razor512
Prodigy

Is the router using 192.168.1.1 as its IP address?

Message 9 of 18
JaegerOmega
Aspirant

Yeah when I type it in, it brings me to myroutlogin.net
Message 10 of 18
Razor512
Prodigy

Do you have any applications running such as private internet access or other commercial VPN software (even if they are set to allow LAN traffic)?

For some reason it seems like your system is behaving as if the network discovery service is not running.

Message 11 of 18
JaegerOmega
Aspirant

No. It's also the same on multiple home machines.
Message 12 of 18
Razor512
Prodigy

Did it work before any changes to the share name took place? If it is happening to multiple systems, it may be worth doing a factory reset.

Message 13 of 18
JaegerOmega
Aspirant

Didn't try. But did work on my old nighthawk before connecting this one.
Message 14 of 18
JaegerOmega
Aspirant

Interestingly I can see the RAXE500 device under Network Locations. When I click on it and then click Browse Folders I can see the network drive folders...
Message 15 of 18
JaegerOmega
Aspirant

Nevermind it's not doing it anymore 😞
Message 16 of 18
JaegerOmega
Aspirant

So I have been fighting with this all night. My network "folder" is \\cloud\backup and the network folder is "U". That's supposedly root of the drive. When I even try to select another folder, it is never written to the "folder name" field.
I think there must be a bug in this firmware version (latest V1.0.8.70_2.0.36). I am able to navigate with my file explorer to \\cloud where it does show \backup and even any other shared folders I create but when I try to access it, it says it can't find the location. I even tried through http/ftp and again I am able to get to 'cloud' and see the 'backup' folder but when clicking on the backup folder I get a 404. 

Message 17 of 18
Altsai
NETGEAR Expert

@JaegerOmega wrote:

So I have been fighting with this all night. My network "folder" is \\cloud\backup and the network folder is "U". That's supposedly root of the drive. When I even try to select another folder, it is never written to the "folder name" field.
I think there must be a bug in this firmware version (latest V1.0.8.70_2.0.36). I am able to navigate with my file explorer to \\cloud where it does show \backup and even any other shared folders I create but when I try to access it, it says it can't find the location. I even tried through http/ftp and again I am able to get to 'cloud' and see the 'backup' folder but when clicking on the backup folder I get a 404. 

>>> did you ever use below DOS command to cleanup the windows neighborhood name?

net use * /delete

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7