× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAXE500 web page wont load security

walter701
Tutor

RAXE500 web page wont load security

I have a RAXE500 when I click on security-access control, the web site does not load then stops responding and kicks me out. I have to restart the router because it becomes extremely slow after this, any thoughts?

e1.png

e2.png

Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
tonydi
Luminary

Yes, v1.0.7.68 broke the Access Control List but it has been fixed in the next firmware.  Sorry, I'm not privvy to when that will be released, but hopefully it's not too much longer.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 14

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I just gave it shot on mine and it worked fine. I tried on both edge and google chrome. 

How many devices do you have on yours? (i've got just over 50 right now)

Have you tried a factory reset/reinstall? 

Message 2 of 14
walter701
Tutor

Hello i have 30 devices on mine it has not work since day one i can try to do a reset and see if that helps I have tried on edge chrome Firefox
Message 3 of 14
plemans
Guru

Let me know how it goes after the reset.

If that doesn't help, wait a bit. I'm on a little newer firmware version that I'm testing and maybe it fixed an issue with access control. 

Message 4 of 14
tonydi
Luminary

Yes, v1.0.7.68 broke the Access Control List but it has been fixed in the next firmware.  Sorry, I'm not privvy to when that will be released, but hopefully it's not too much longer.

Message 5 of 14
walter701
Tutor

Just updated for Firmware Version V1.0.8.70_2.0.36 and the issue is fixed now 🙂

Message 6 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy.

@walter701 wrote:

Just updated for Firmware Version V1.0.8.70_2.0.36 and the issue is fixed now 🙂

Message 7 of 14
tonydi
Luminary

@walter701 

Just curious as to how you got that FW version.  Did your RAXE500 automatically download it?  Mine is on a 1.0.7 version and the internal update check says there's no new version.

Message 8 of 14
plemans
Guru

A lot of time the auto-update server gets it first and even then, sometimes its only to a select few to ensure it functions properly. then it gets pushed to a larger release. I'm not showing it on the support site and mine was on a different firmware so I can't check the auto-update on mine. 

Message 9 of 14
walter701
Tutor

When I went to check for new firmware it was available hope your gets the update soon

Message 10 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

New FW is available:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/New-RAXE500-Firmware-Version-1-0-8...

@tonydi wrote:

@walter701 

Just curious as to how you got that FW version.  Did your RAXE500 automatically download it?  Mine is on a 1.0.7 version and the internal update check says there's no new version.

Message 11 of 14
Altsai
NETGEAR Expert

You need to upgrade your FW to v1.0.8.70 to fix the issue.

Message 12 of 14
jerirbyrd57832
Initiate

You should upgrade your FW to v1.0.8.70 to solve this web issue, I just shot him and he did just fine. I tried both Edge and Google Chrome. How many devices do you have?

Message 13 of 14
tonydi
Luminary

@jerirbyrd57832    Try and keep up.  😁  The problem was solved weeks ago. 

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7