× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE500

DScutten
Aspirant

RAXE500

I have been unable to connect via WIFI  to a few apps on my Samsung s23+ Mostly news apps. The local TV station, BBC, Sky News and CNN. My wife's Iphone does not have this issue nor does any of our laptops. I have spoken to Samsung and Verizon and have tried everything they suggested. I even visited a Verizon store and tested it on their WIFI and the apps load as well as using cellular. I think this all started after Verizon made and update in Jan.There have been two so far. But it works fine at their shop?? Could there be a setting somewhere that will make these apps work with my RAXE500? Is there firmware updates I need to install? any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAXE500

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What channel configurations are currently set on the router?

Message 2 of 3
DScutten
Aspirant

Re: RAXE500

Thank you. MAC address randomizer switch did not yield any benefit.  My RAXE500 is connected to a Netgear CM1000 cable mode and Xfinity is the ISP. The hardware ver. is 2.02 and the firmware ver. is V7.01.01 The firmware ver. of the RAXE is V1.2.13.100_2.0.54. I noticed the 6Ghz band swapping after Verizon did an update on Jan. 11 with no improvement on the Feb. 8th update. I was wondering it there are setting in the router wifi section that would be better for a Samsung S23+?? I was unclear what you meant by channel configurations?

Regards

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7