× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 unable to activate Netgear Armor

tcpwpb
Aspirant

RBR850 unable to activate Netgear Armor

I have an Orbi for which I want to activate the Netgear Armor security.  I'm unable to do this as the "free trial" feature can't be cleared and it gives an error.  I don't want to pay for the subscription if this error can't be cleared.  I prefer to avoid resetting the router as it took 4 hours to re-establish the setup when I had to do a previous reset.  

Product details 

Orbi Rbr850 

firmware V3.2.18.1

Thanks, 

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RBR850 unable to activate Netgear Armor

Hello tcpqpb,

Welcome to the community! May you send me a private message confirming your email address and router serial number.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
tcpwpb
Aspirant

Re: RBR850 unable to activate Netgear Armor

Subscribing was never the issue.  The issue was with the Orbi and the ability to have the Armor security feature enabled after I had subscribed.  The download and install was failing.  I was able to get the feature enabled by repeatedly performing a device reset. I had to reset the device 3-4 times with the full setup steps in order for three Armor download to the Orbi. Quite frustrating and a waste of time.  But at last it finally worked. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7