× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax200 gaming help

Cabledogs420
Guide

Re: Rax200 gaming help

As stated above they definitely can’t figure out how to fix it. If ur 7000 is working good just leave it alone. However if ur having issues or looking for better speed. I would order one from Amazon and maybe the asus model try them both see which works better and return the other one. I ended up with raxe500 as trial and was allowed to keep it. This seems to be working better for gaming but honestly the 6ghz network is a joke and my wife ran better with the high and low 5mhz so there seems to be to many trade offs so honestly gonna be trial by error for most people. Just said how far Netgear has fallen they were def on right direction with 7000 7500 but has since went backwards in my opinion. I wish I could give you better option. If you have Ipv 6 from your provider that may help a bit as mine only offers ipv4 with fiber.
Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 26 of 29
Cabledogs420
Guide

Yes extenders can slow you down if you use wifi as your back haul. I used my coax in the wall with moca adapters so my extender is wired in. My house is about the same as yours but the wifi had to cross the kitchen for some stuff and appliance were causing issues with it. Raxe500 is a decent option for wifi 6 however you will have to upgrade cards in Pc etc to utilize it fully. The modem I use is from my isp as it is a fiber modem. No options yet for third party. They did seem to do away priories bs stuff with the new router as mine on rax200 never would work right anyway. I would edit and would never save for me. But I did notice my ping went from 2 or 3ms up to 20 to 30 ms so maybe fine tuning.
Message 27 of 29
Razor512
Prodigy

From your description in the first post, it seems like you are still suffering from a double NAT. If you have another router in front of the RAX200 that is not a transparent bridge such as a fiber ONT, then the RAX200 needs to be set to AP mode as the easiest way to avoiding a double NAT. A static IP will have no impact on a double NAT.

UPnP also does not help when on a double NAT, and port forwarding on the second router does not help much either.

Message 28 of 29
Cabledogs420
Guide

No double nat type... I have a static ip. My isp helped me from start to finish so I can gurantee it as my isp uses a router which was causing double nat type. no other router just the one. Verified with xboxes no double nat type…which before static ip had double nat type… also can get open on one device with port forwarding. this is known problem with this device. Which I had come to realize after the 20 something post on here not a big deal as I found a few work arounds to get it off at least strict. Upnp is just crap on this model which is fine. Netgear support knows it and says that can’t fix the problem oh well.
Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7