× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax50 dropping IPV6

rhammond84
Follower

Rax50 dropping IPV6

Is there a known bug with Rax50 dropping IPv6 connection? (as it seems for RAX200 here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/Firmware-update-1-0-2-98-bad-news/...).

LAN router side acquires IPv6 address (Auto Config... Address shown in router interface in the IPv6 section) and supplies addresses to clients (Auto Config/SLAAC). But after a period of time (<1 day) , the LAN IP side drops ('Not available' in the interface) and clients stop receiving too.

Reboot of the router reconnects again.

This seems to be more of a problem as my Wan connection authenticates via DHCPv6 and hence Internet connection is lost too when that comes to re-authenticate (approx daily) but can't.

Want to rule out if this is a router bug as above... Or ISP related issue. Appreciate if others could confirm if seeing the same.
Message 1 of 2
Romaguera
Aspirant

Re: Rax50 dropping IPV6

Hey all, not sure if this is the right place, since I don't seem as tech literate as this subreddit, but I'm having internet connection problems and no one seems to know how to fix them. Got a new PC, installed Windows 10 Education, all was fine for a bit, and then all of a sudden it can only load google sites. From some searching, this brought me to my IPv6 Connectivity which says No network access. I've tried all the things everybody seems to suggest to no avail: updating drivers, disabling and reenabling, ethernet and wifi, winsock reset, changing my DNS, everything google has suggested.

It's not a router issue because my laptop connects fine, and I have the same problem when using my phone's hotspot on the PC.

Kabosu Official

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7