× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Rax80 nighthawk can not connect to Carrier Infinity Thermostate

Rax80 nighthawk can not connect to Carrier Infinity Thermostate

I switch to a Rax40 then to a rax80 a few days later. Ever since cannot connect to my Carrier Infinity Thermostat. I see another post with the same issue using or but No solutions

The attached photo(s) is the TP-LINK wifi device that is hardwired to the Router connects the Carrier HVAC Thermostat. Screenshots with info & error codes are from the Android app use for remote control. Actual photos of the wall unit have the brown wall as a border showing the info the thermostat shows. From all my troubleshooting I am connected to my homes network, however, the unit cannot connect to the Infinity server with using a Rax 40 or the Rax 80 I Now! 

This was never an issue with my ac1900 TP-LINK router or any other Router I have used. I trust an expert can respond with answers & photo instructions so I'm not to return this Router also. 

Thank you in advance 

.20190911_180411_resized.jpgScreenshot_20190912-024224_MyInfinity_resized.jpgScreenshot_20190912-003806_MyInfinity.jpg20190912_002402_resized.jpg20190912_001823_resized.jpg20190912_002409_resized.jpgScreenshot_20190911-152514_MyInfinity_resized.jpg

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

In addition to my last inquiry, I also have numerous Smart home devices SENSE for energy monitoring a few WEMO Light switches these 2 are wifi & constantly go offline? All the rest are Zwave thru a smartthings Hub which seems to be slower now also.

All WIFI devices are having connection issues with this RAX80 & I know they can only work with the 2.4ghz network which they are all connected to only that 

Message 2 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

EcoDieselDave, 

Please try disabling the AX and/or smart connect feature. Curious to know how this turns out!

Christian

Message 3 of 8

Smart connect cannot be used in smart homes as it confuses devices that must use only 2.4ghz

I'm unsure was the ax feature us but I had that off also. Still never worked.
Plugged in my 8-year-old ac1900 & no issues
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi EcoDieselDave - I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox. 

Christian 

Message 5 of 8

Christian

I didn't get a reply & waited over a day it's 2019, & emails get replied to usually promptly especially from good tech companies.

I even wasted time trying to call in with NO help as No one could help, just transfer & transfer & hold.

So I plugged my old AC1900 TP-link back in which has Zero issues. Immediate connection to the tether app & Zero Smart Home issues both WiFI & Zwave. It's just so old it was time for an update to handle my gb internet Service
Message 6 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

EcoDieselDave, 

I have sent you a message yesterday requesting for more information to get your issue escalated. 

Christian

Message 7 of 8

I replied
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7