× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax80 smart connect issue wifi dropping

saprimous
Tutor

Re: Rax80 smart connect issue wifi dropping

I am have the same issue I have a AX80, but it's my 3rd device.  I and secarching for anotrher device with better reliablity. All of my issue have statred after a firmwear update.

Firmware Version V1.0.3.102_1.0.48

Message 201 of 207
saprimous
Tutor

I thought I was the only one having that issue.   

Message 202 of 207
sabloke_5000
Aspirant

I will have to return this damn thing. Half of my 2.4 GHz, such as a printer, Fitbit Aria scale, Lifx lights and even my Samsung Note 20 and S9+ are unable to connect on 2.4 GHz. I have ticked and unticked all the options outlined in this thread without any improvement. There are a few cliets that are connecting somehow, no idea why. Had zero issues with the Asus router I have used for the last 5 years. Updated to the latest firmware during the first setup, too. What a terrible product!!!

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 203 of 207
d_smith84
Aspirant

Well this is not what I was hoping for. Thought maybe there would be a simple solution, or at least some type of resolution to this issue. I just purchased a RAX80 and an EX8000 extender to replace an older nighthawk router. I thought the older router was going out because I was having the same issues discussed here, but I am still having the same issues with the new router and/or extender. Everything will work for a period of time and then all of the sudden I have no wireless signal, hardwire is fine. Am running version  V1.0.3.106, which is current, and have reset the router and the extender without success. A lot of times I will see, on the app, "no internet connection" on the ipad but when I check the computer, which is hardwired, there is access to the internet so it has to be the router. If I have the ipad close, within a few feet, it will reconnect and work even when away from the router but then will, at some point, quit working. 

The other thing I've noticed is the extend will show its is offline, again through the app, and when I switch to the extender it will come back online, but continually disconnects so my assumption is it is loosing signal from the router. I hope someone can solve the issue soon but then this issue seems to be ongoing so maybe as others have said, send it back, get a refund and find a product that works or at least is supported. 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 204 of 207
theshakal2179
Aspirant

Has there been any updates in this issue? 

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 205 of 207
robledrew
Apprentice

I replaced the Netgear RAX200 with a Google Wifi Mesh system and have never looked back. The Google Wifi has not dropped connection one single time since turning it on! 

Message 206 of 207
sh55345
Aspirant

I get this issue as well with my RAX70 with certain 2.4ghz devices. Turning off smart connect fixes the issue. Why do I keep going back to Netgear devices. Come on Netgear, you go to get this fixed by now.
Message 207 of 207
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7