× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reattaching the original power supply will start the 5 G dropouts all over again

sonoranscout
Aspirant

Reattaching the original power supply will start the 5 G dropouts all over again

I bought a used RAX120v2 and started having issues right off the bat. After doing some Google searches, I realized this router had some well-known problems. There were lots of recommendations on various forums concerning cooling, power supplies, setting changes (i.e. disabling 2.4 G radio, disabling WMM…etc.). I tried everything, but to no avail. Then I discovered the beta firmware 1.2.8.43RC and that improved things; however, I was still experiencing occasional 5 G radio dropouts. It wasn’t until I combined the universal laptop power supply I purchased with the beta firmware that the router started working flawlessly for days. Reattaching the original power supply will start the 5 G dropouts all over again. Hope this helps someone out there.

P.S. Special thanks to FURRYe38 for all his assistance.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Reattaching the original power supply will start the 5 G dropouts all over again

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update with out making any changes to the advanced wireless settings while using the NG stock power adapter that came with the router? 

Used router, possible came with different or non standard power supply? 

Please post pictures of the two power adapters your using with this router? 

What is the volts and amps specs of each? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7