× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Returned!!!

todd1010
Apprentice

Returned!!!

I purchased a RAX80 a week or two ago and had numerous problems. Everything from the wired ports not acknowledging my 1 GIG service, wifi drop outs ALL THE TIME (you could literally sit there and watch your device loose wifi signal right next to the RAX80. 

Returned the RAX80 after the engineering team from Taiwan remotely logged in to my system however, not sure what they did but the next moring I decided I was done with this thing. Ordered a Asus ROG AX-11000 in the meantime, and got the Asus yesterday. Connected everything and all of the wired ports were dead on arrival. Called tech support and they told me to take it back after trying a bunch of things. 

When I took back the Asus, I decided to try the AX12. Got it home, install went very smooth and after one night and some light streaming audio, browsing on several devices, played a little Xbox one X Destiny 2...I must say that it is working very smoothly right now. 

Right after initial hook up I did upgrade the firmware to V1.0.0.84 and I'm not sure if this is the same firmware on the RAX80 but whatever firmware is on that thing is garbage and shouldn't even be sold...its useless. 

This thing is running smooth on all areas. I must say right now, I'm pretty happy. 

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
migsta
Apprentice

Re: Returned!!!

I returned the RAX80 also because of issues - primarily because I had to use an external switch to get my network to work.  If my switches were connected to its LAN ports, it simply would not work.  Then, it just stopped being available over the GUI and iOS app even though the network was up.

I had the GTAX11000 router as well.  It worked well and its web and iOS app's are light years ahead of Netgears.  But, I didn't see its performance much better than my GT5300.

But, since I like my toys, I went for the RAX120 next and its been up and running for a week now without an issue.  But, it's rather unimpressive at all on the software side and the look of it is hit or miss - I sort of like the way it looks though.  I have 30 days to decide on keeping it though, we'll see.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7