× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router Keeps Going Offline Model - RAXE500 — Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream AXE11000 Tri-Band WiFi Ro

sthawkins5
Aspirant

Re: Router Keeps Going Offline Model - RAXE500 — Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream AXE11000 Tri-Band WiFi Ro

I had nothing but problems with this router.  Last week the Internet port died and I had to send it back and received a new one today.   Set up network but the Armor software does not work with this router.  As soon as that comes on it blocked all internet traffic and was even blocking the Netgear app from connecting to the router so I could try to turn off Armor.   Updated firmware today.   Same issue.   Had to reboot and quickly get in and turn of Armor before it kicks in and locks everything down.   Just received router back today and will need to monitor to see if everything else works appropriately with Armor off.   

Message 26 of 34
joaos
Tutor

Hello @Christian_R ,

I just wanted to let you know that I have a similar problem. In my case, RCN's Android TV Box stops working as well. Internet led turns from white to amber whenever that happens. 

I have been troubleshooting the problem for the last few day and so far everything is pointing to NETGEAR Armor as the culprit. I have disabled a few services and functionalities, including Armor, and each day I am enabling something back, but Netgear Armor. It has been working good now. I will leave Armor to reactivate last, if anything else doesn't break it before.

Meanwhile, I guess it would be a good thing if NETGEAR could take a good look at how Armor could interfere with the WAN interface to the point of disrupting it.

Regards,

Joao

Message 27 of 34
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Joao, 

Thanks for reaching out to me and providing your feedback. Our engineering team is aware of the reports regarding Armor on the RAXE500. I'm glad to hear that you're working with our support team and I would recommend that you please continue to work with our support team. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 28 of 34
joaos
Tutor

Actually, I didn't open a case... yet 🙂  I just wanted to share this, because it is an unexpected problem that may let many RAXE500 owners, like myself, frustrated. It is good to know what the cause for the problem may be and that there is light in end of the tunnel!

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello Joao, 

Thanks for reaching out to me and providing your feedback. Our engineering team is aware of the reports regarding Armor on the RAXE500. I'm glad to hear that you're working with our support team and I would recommend that you please continue to work with our support team. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 29 of 34
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello joaos, 

Ahh ok, got it! I have sent you a private message. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 30 of 34
Vikingblood
Tutor

I'm having the same trouble: my RAXE500 keeps going offline too. Truthfully, I love the router and the EAX80 extender because I'm getting great coverage and near 1 gig speeds via wifi. ** I sent a private message to the moderator. ** 

Message 31 of 34
Vikingblood
Tutor

The new firmware (V1.0.6.64_2.0.35) appears to have solved the problem; I have the Netgear Armor turned back on and haven't experienced any episodes of the router going offline.

Message 32 of 34
creasman23
Tutor

Curious if anywhere one else is still experiencing the offline issue with their RAXE500, I update my firmware shortly after each release. This is my 3rd nighthawk and second tri-band router but anytime I have to refresh my modem signal and reboot the router is down for an hour at minimum.

I had to remove my automated network reset timer months ago.. but still anytime I reboot modem I unplug Port 5 (I use MultiGig in), as well as my Ethernet ports, turn off the router for some time and power back up and reconnect

Super disappointing I paid $500 for to do this.

Message 33 of 34
aidans75
Aspirant

Same issue still going on. Netgear’s “solution” now is to download a beta version of their firmware and beta test for them if it fixes the issue or not. They are still selling this router with no fix for the issue and no guarantee they will have a fix within the 90days it’s new after which you have to pay them for support for a broken product.
Message 34 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7