× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router (RAX120v2 ) keeps randomly rebooting

xxtensazenxx
Guide

Router (RAX120v2 ) keeps randomly rebooting

Router is the RAX120v2 keeps randomly rebooting. I'm just doing normal browsing and my interent says its dead (hardwired) then I check wifi and its not even showing my SSID. I go and look at the router and it appears it fully turned itself off and all the lights are starting to turn on again, as if its a fresh boot. The router is not getting hot or anything either. I've only had it for 4 months and it cost $400 something dollers so its rediciloous this is happening. My old linksys routeter never crashed a single time.

1 - The modem is connected stright to my internet (I have FIOS and it just runs an ethernet cord from the fios outlet. No modem inbetween)
Firmware Version V1.2.3.28

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Do you have the router our in the open so it can get fresh air and not buried in a entertainment center or in a closet?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset been performed and setup from scratch? 

Was FW already up to date when you go it or did you update FW? If you updated FW, how was FW updated on the router? Nighthawk app or manually thru the web page on the router? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@xxtensazenxx wrote:

Router is the RAX120v2 keeps randomly rebooting. I'm just doing normal browsing and my interent says its dead (hardwired) then I check wifi and its not even showing my SSID. I go and look at the router and it appears it fully turned itself off and all the lights are starting to turn on again, as if its a fresh boot. The router is not getting hot or anything either. I've only had it for 4 months and it cost $400 something dollers so its rediciloous this is happening. My old linksys routeter never crashed a single time.

1 - The modem is connected stright to my internet (I have FIOS and it just runs an ethernet cord from the fios outlet. No modem inbetween)
Firmware Version V1.2.3.28

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7