× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router log filled with repeated DHCP assignments

amonynuts
Apprentice

Router log filled with repeated DHCP assignments

Nighthawk Router RAX45-100NAS AX4300 AX6, Firmware 1.0.5.106_2.0.70

Is there a way to disable DHCP logging without disabling logging of security events?  With lots of devices on my WiFi network getting their DHCP address reassigned every few minutes (to the same IP address they already had), my router logs quickly fill up with thousands of DHCP assignment events:  [DHCP IP: (192.168.0.x)] to MAC address ...

It would be nice if I could disable logging of the DHCP events without disabling logging of security events such as DoS attacks, RST scans, etc.  Or even better yet, maybe there's a way to increase the DHCP assignment timeout to more than 15 minutes?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router log filled with repeated DHCP assignments

How many devices do you have connected? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Look under Admin/Logs for items to un-select for logging. I recommend unchecking items that your not monitoring. 

Message 2 of 3
amonynuts
Apprentice

Re: Router log filled with repeated DHCP assignments

@FURRYe38 About 50 devices.  No, I have not done a factory reset and setup from scratch since I last upgraded firmware.  Am I supposed to do that whenever the router does an Automatic Firmware Update?  I didn't see any setting specifically for disabling DHCP from the logs, but didn't want to disable logging of anything important.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7