× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router stop emetting wifi suddently, need to unplug router to restart signal

Sergeroy65
Aspirant

Router stop emetting wifi suddently, need to unplug router to restart signal

Need your adivse, router is new.

Several times per day the router stop emetting wifi signals, both lights for 2,4Ghz and 5 Ghz still show steady green, but there is no wifi.

All lights are green but no signal.

I have disconnect  other ethernet cable that were connected. Router is only connected to my modem, no other devices are use.

I have use the short ethernet wire included in the box.

Thanks Serge

Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: Router stop emetting wifi suddently, need to unplug router to restart signal

What router do you have? 

did the wifi on/off button get hit? Push and hold it for 2 seconds. 

Message 2 of 9
Sergeroy65
Aspirant

Hi thanks for the answer. It is a Netgear Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Router

New one just purchase it at Costco

No the router is flat on a desk, nobody is touching the on/off button and I don't have animals.

Whet the signal cut, I go to the router on the basement and it is still on with all the lights 2,4 and 5 Ghz are green. It looks nomal but there is no signal.

I have try to move far away for the electrical entry and nothing have changed,

I have try short and long Ethernet cable.

Thanks Serge

Message 3 of 9

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 4 of 9
abelak
Guide

If your model number is rax40 (not rax40v2) and firmware is 1.0.3.80 you may have to update to latest firmware after physically resetting your device. Lot of people experiencing issues with this router.
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 5 of 9
Sergeroy65
Aspirant

Thanks for the answer.

It is really a modem I have in front of the router, it is an Arris model TM722.

Hope it can help 

thnaks 

Serge 

Message 6 of 9
Sergeroy65
Aspirant

Thanks for the info, I will have to verify the software version. Is there is a link to a procedure to verify the version and update a new one?

thanks

Serge

Message 7 of 9
abelak
Guide

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RAX40/RAX40_UM_EN.pdf

Page 90 for firmware.

Check at the bottom of the router for model name.
Message 8 of 9
itsmehuey
Luminary

welcome to Netgear.. where they sell you dodgy products that don't work, make you pay for support beyond 90 days, and provide you with no technical support or updates, ever... instead, they release new versions of your product to make you buy them to fix your "problems"

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7