× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rx700 or rax200?

Zharn83
Aspirant

Rx700 or rax200?

Hi. I recently ordered a rax200 of amazon but it has not shipped yet. I ordered it believing it was a gaming router, but after some more research, i am unclear.

I need to know if it would be a better setup for my home than an rx700.

I really want a good router for gaming. But my home also does a lot of tv streaming.

So i guess my questions come down to..
1. Can the rax200 handle gaming the same way as the rx700?
2. Can the rx700 handle general network needs like the rax200?

I want the best gaming experience on my ethernet connected pc, but also want my family to be able to enjoy tv and wifi gaming, which would you recommend?
Message 1 of 4
RajaDaja
Luminary

Re: Rx700 or rax200?

@Zharn83 wrote:
Hi. I recently ordered a rax200 of amazon but it has not shipped yet. I ordered it believing it was a gaming router, but after some more research, i am unclear.

I need to know if it would be a better setup for my home than an rx700.

I really want a good router for gaming. But my home also does a lot of tv streaming.

So i guess my questions come down to..
1. Can the rax200 handle gaming the same way as the rx700?
2. Can the rx700 handle general network needs like the rax200?

I want the best gaming experience on my ethernet connected pc, but also want my family to be able to enjoy tv and wifi gaming, which would you recommend?

Hello,

I have exact scenario, except for no wired PC gaming, I have wired gaming consoles(PS4 Pro & Xbox One S) 3 Firesticks, 1 Apple 4k streaming device, 3 wi-fi  cameras, 1 Ring doorbell, 2 Nest thermostats, 3 iPhones, 3 tablets, 2 hard wired Desktops, 2 Laptops, 3 4k Smart TV's, 1 1080 LED TV.  21 devices are currently connected with another 5-6 that are not powered on. My RAX 200 is handling it with out breaking a sweat.

Model: CM1000-1AZNAS|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready, R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 2 of 4
Zharn83
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!

I have no doubt that the rax200 can perform. Im more concerned about if it can perform the gaming needs as well as the rx700. At the end of the day it is my biggest concern.

If the rx700 is going to give me a better gaming experience while being able to perform the basic needs of everything else, i would rather have that.
Message 3 of 4
profeta64
Luminary

Hi,

did you considered that you can keep both routers in parallel?

I would consider to keep anyway the XR700 for the "ping critical" games.

This because the XR700 has a specific low-latency software not available on the RAX200.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7