× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Serious issue V1.0.1.70_1.0.30 on RAX80 for connected USB drives

ridac
Tutor

Serious issue V1.0.1.70_1.0.30 on RAX80 for connected USB drives

Over couple of months ago, I updated FW from V1.0.1.64 to V1.0.1.70. Previous version was stable but since I updated the router I started to have issue while playing media from connected USB drive.

While playing a video file, the connection get disconnected. Wifi running fine but USB loose connection to drive. I have to restart the router for the connection to get established again.

I contacted support and they suggested I return the old FW. I did that and everything return to normal.

However, yesterday I thought the issue with FW should have been fixed by now. Did update the FW with latest one, but still same issue again. USB drive get disconnected after couple of minutes when start playing any video.

Note, I tried to play the video through DLNA, FTP and nfs share. All showing same behaviour. I also tried via LAN connection but same issue.

Is there any plans to fix this in future FW?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Serious issue V1.0.1.70_1.0.30 on RAX80 for connected USB drives

Hello ridac, 

We currently do not have an ETA on the next firmware release. In the meantime, I would recommend reverting to the previous FW version. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7