× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Starlink and settings for AX4

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Starlink and settings for AX4

Router drops connection with Starlink periodically, usually over night. When connected, settings are as in attached image; when not ipv4 becomes 169.254.39.76 and gateway 255.255.0.0. Reset button on router fixes this connects (ie, reverts to "working" configuration), but it is annoying to have to do this all the time, even recognizing Starlink is in beta testing. I am not sophisticated in WAN/LAN mgt, but I have been unable to find useful information or advice on this subject. If additional info is required, please prompt me. Thanks in advance.

Dave

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Starlink and settings for AX4

I finally fixed this problem. I unplugged the Netgear RAX40 and bought a TP-Link AX6000, hooked it up and haven't had a problem for 96 hours! Seems the solution is to avoid Netgear equipment at all costs!

PS Even updating firmware to v...88 made the RAX40 buggier! Netgear, bad products, bad company. I'll never go back despite 20+ years of loyalty.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Not working image attached for reference.

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I see that the 169.254.39.76 address may indicate a DHCP configuration issue, but if so, what do I need to change? Connecting cables are good.

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I finally fixed this problem. I unplugged the Netgear RAX40 and bought a TP-Link AX6000, hooked it up and haven't had a problem for 96 hours! Seems the solution is to avoid Netgear equipment at all costs!

PS Even updating firmware to v...88 made the RAX40 buggier! Netgear, bad products, bad company. I'll never go back despite 20+ years of loyalty.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7