× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Support non-existent - Extend my 90 days by the amount of time you have ignored request

Support non-existent - Extend my 90 days by the amount of time you have ignored request

I would like to understand what kind of support you are supposed to get in the 90 day free period ? Is it free because it is actually non-existent ?

First ticket logged was 45581467 - how to set up Port Forwarding. This was closed with absolutely no response.

Second ticket logged was 45607424 - screen flickering after putting router in between Virgin box and firestick Pro. Logged 29/01, now 08/02, not even an acknowledgement. 

I have advised people NOT to buy these routers as there is ZERO support, that will be my Amazon review.

Disgraceful rip off.

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Support non-existent - Extend my 90 days by the amount of time you have ignored request

What NG router model are you referring to? 

@thegeezer9999 

Message 2 of 11

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Still don't know what NG router your referring too. 

Message 4 of 11

Model number not accepted in title. Shown as RAX10

4-Stream Dual-Band WiFi 6 Router (up to 1.8Gbps)

This is still flickering on Smart TV output device after a while, and seems to worsen over time. Apart from this the router seems to have stabilized the connections from the firestick pro. Seems to happen on streaming (Netflix; YouTube; Players etc.)

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

So you have the RAX10 system? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Be sure your TVs firwmare is up to date as well.

Is this the only TV this happens on? Do you have any other TVs to try to compare behaviors? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Is Smart Connect enabled on the router? 

Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Be sure Beamforming and MIMO is enabled on the router. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 6 of 11

Hi Furry

I am connected using LAN cable.

I have a problem right now where I must have got one of my security questions wrong and been locked out of router. I have contacted support to help with this, but so far nothing !

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 10 seconds then let go. Log in to routerlogin.com or 192.168.1.1 using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 8 of 11

FW 1.0.1.112

Virgin Hub - known here as v2, but Hub 4 in UK

Does not happen when using Virgin Hub to Firestick

Only one TV, but for above reason have rues out TV as cause

Router/Firestick and TV all using wired ethernet connections

Message 9 of 11

Sorted access issue out

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

@thegeezer9999 wrote:

FW 1.0.1.112

Virgin Hub - known here as v2, but Hub 4 in UK

You ISP modem already has a built in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem. https://kb.netgear.com/25891/DMZ-on-NETGEAR-routers
https://kb.netgear.com/24086/How-do-I-set-up-a-default-DMZ-server-on-my-Nighthawk-router
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router.
https://kb.netgear.com/24104/How-do-I-change-my-Nighthawk-router-to-AP-mode-after-I-ve-already-run-s...

How was the access issue resolved? 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7