× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Swap from RAX120 to R8000 doesn’t recognize HO laptop now

pjd813
Guide

Swap from RAX120 to R8000 doesn’t recognize HO laptop now

I purchased an RX120 to replace my R8000 and the RAX120 simply doesn’t work. I’m returning it so when I connected the R8000 back up EVERY Apple product, thermostat, server, doorbell camera, and ROKU immediately reconnected to both my wireless and my Ethernet connections. They all just work. No muss, no fuss.

HOWEVER, the Windows 11 HP laptop now just gives me a screen that says “Hmmmm… can’t reach this page” for any site even when I enter routerlogin.net. The laptop will connect and even say “internet access” when I hover the cursor over the lower right network icon. The troubleshooters don’t work. When I look at “attached devices” from my IOS devices I see the name of the laptop in the Device Name column but nothing in the SSID or IP ADDRESS columns.
Just wondering if there is something that’s obvious here that I’m missing?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Swap from RAX120 to R8000 doesn’t recognize HO laptop now

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Are you sure the laptop is connected to the router? Wireless or wired? 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Is IPv6 enabled on the R8000 router? 

Message 2 of 4
pjd813
Guide

The only variable here is the RAX120 vs. the R8000. The R8000 and the HP worked together before I tried the RAX120 and all I did this morning was swap the RAX120 out and re-attach the R8000. As noted 10 to 15 wired and wireless devices from different companies throughout the house just popped up and resumed working reconnected to the R8000 as if nothing had changed. At least the RAX120 sort of works for basic connectivity to the HP. The RAX120 connection to the internet is very wonky and that’s why I’m trying to return it, but the R8000 needs to be my bridge between the RAX120 and whatever replaces it. I have put the RAX120 back in the mix because the HP must work. It just must. I’m not going to muck up life with more troubleshooting until Monday. My CM500 modem has no bearing here since again all other devices receive and transmit to the internet with no problem. All devices, as well as the HP laptop are current with updates. Everything has been turned off/on, connected/disconnected, and connected wired and wireless, etc. The HP simply won’t connect to the internet wirelessly even though the router and the HP can “see” each other. The HP must also be untethered and wireless and cannot be in a fixed position via Ethernet. The HP shows in the wirelessly connected devices list when connected to the R8000 but there is no IP Address shown in the table.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try removing the wifi profile on the laptop then reboot, then try to reconnect to the R8000 wifi. 
Contact HP for additional help and information regarding there product. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series