× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The worst router I've had yet!

XXXLL73
Follower

The worst router I've had yet!

The RAX80 has to be the absolute worst router I've had yet. I've had Linksys, ASUS and NETGEAR. This one, by far, has left me frustrated beyond belief. Within a year's time, I purchased the R8000P for my in-law's in Arizona. Then, I purchased the RAX80 several months later for myself. Combined, this is over $700 in residential networking equipment, which is a fair amount of money, all things considered. The R8000P worked well for a while, then started dropping devices off the network. The RAX80 has had issue from day one. When using 2.4G and 5G combined in AX mode, it can't keep a device connected. Now, after several firmware updates, the 5G goes AWOL on a daily basis until I reboot the darn device. The user interface and Android app suck terribly. Using the NETGEAR products for the past two year makes me miss the ASUS RT-AC68P tremendously. Seriously, DO NOT BUY THE RAX80, YOU'LL BE DISAPPOINTED.  

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
GabboCH
Apprentice

Re: The worst router I've had yet!

+1 to that.

All the same issues as most of the people posting on the forum with no signs of a solution for any of them.....

Message 2 of 3
digitsnbits
Apprentice

Re: The worst router I've had yet!

I gave up and put the RAX80 back in the box and bought a Asus RT-AX88U.

Now I'm a happy camper and no longer need a therapist to deal with the frustration that is Netgear.

Netgear is no longer a consideration for any networking equipment after this disaster. They should be sued for this garbage.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7