× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to connect RAX40

HalBanger
Aspirant

Unable to connect RAX40

Hi everyone,

Like a lot of people, my router seems to have coonection issue. My scenario is :

The router worked great for weeks, maybe even months. One day, I noticed my Iphone not being able to connect, even tho all my wired device are working (but unable to access the router via IP address). I reset the router and everything is back to normal .. for a week and then again I have to restart it.

I cannot find any permanent solution online to  fix this issue. I have a lot of machine that need a 24/7 connection and I waste almost an hour whenever I have to restart my router, so it's not a viable option for me, and for a month now, it has happened every week.

It seems to have something to do with 5Ghz, as wired device and 2,4Ghz seems unaffected, but I can't be sure because I enabled the smart connect, which is very convenient for me, but could it be the source of my problems ? 

I'll be grateful if anyone could help with this issue,

Thank you.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unable to connect RAX40

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?

Message 2 of 5
HalBanger
Aspirant

Hi and thank you for your answer.

The firmware is V1.0.3.94_1.0.1

The modem is a Spectrum Advanced Voice Modem EN2251.

My channel configuration is like that :

2.4ghZ : Auto

5gHz : 153

I switched the 5gHz to channel 48 as advised, but I can only chose one channel for each frequency, see screen shot attached.

I live in an appartment building so I have A LOT of other wifi around, like 30+.

So far since my last reset, everything works just fine. That's what have been happening this past months, after the reset, it works for a week or so and then the wifi issue come back.

Your help is appreciated,

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

If your in a wifi congested area, this may cause problem as to what your seeing, working after a reset then stops working. Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 4 of 5
HalBanger
Aspirant

Really appreciate your help.

I changed the radio to 50% to both 2.4 and 5 GHz.

Hope this will fix it, I'll update here in a few days, thank you so much.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7