× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to login to update security for RAX10

Whew
Aspirant

Unable to login to update security for RAX10

Trying to update per suggestion from netgear and am unable to login to get download or access my nighthawk account.  When tried to answer security questions was asked questions that do not match my original security questions.  Answered anyway and said I gave wrong answer.  How can I obtain these downloads or log in to netgear or nighthawk?

Message 1 of 4
Whew
Aspirant

Re: Unable to login to update security for RAX10

LOL how did that happen.

Message 2 of 4

@Whew wrote:

Trying to update per suggestion from netgear and am unable to login to get download or access my nighthawk account.  When tried to answer security questions was asked questions that do not match my original security questions. 

If you are trying to use the "password recovery" option, there is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices. You can get locked into a closed loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

If the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 3 of 4
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Whew ,

What FW version do you use ?

For security question, do you enter any special characters ?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7