× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unknown Device Texas Instruments Camera

bstobb
Follower

Unknown Device Texas Instruments Camera

I have a new RAX43 router, and I'm new to the Nighthawk App on my iPhone. That app is showing a "Texas Instruments Camera" in my devices. I don't know what this camera is. I've "paused" that device, but 1) is there anything I can do to remove it completely from the system? And 2) is there any way to identify it? Thanks for any help.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unknown Device Texas Instruments Camera

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Unknown Device Texas Instruments Camera

@bstobb wrote:

1) is there anything I can do to remove it completely from the system? And 2) is there any way to identify it? Thanks for any help.

Devices do not just "appear".  They have to be connected with ethernet or WiFi (the "app" should identify how this device is connected).

Network management programs use a table to match the device MAC address to a manufacturer.  There are plenty of web resources that can be used to do this: https://www.wireshark.org/tools/oui-lookup.html  is one.  It is a bit awkward because although Texas Instruments may be registered as owning this block of MAC addresses, the device that contains this WiFi chip may be from some company that bought a T.I. WiFi chip to include in their product. If the device is connected with WiFi, then someone used the WiFi SSID and password to get it connected.   If it wasn't you, who was it?  (Is there a teenager in the house?)

One tedious procedure is to go around and power off one device at a time until this entry disappears. Since router tables take up to five minutes to update, this can go on for some time.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7