× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unlock region RAXE500 no Telnet option in debug

ibashyougood
Aspirant

Unlock region RAXE500 no Telnet option in debug

Hi, how do I unlock regions on an RAXE500?
There is no option in debug to enable Telnet.
Mine is locked to Europe+Uk and i am missing alot of wifi channels that are allowed in Sweden, all of Eu don’t have the same rules. And i need them to have a stable connection.
Or is there any way to unlock every feature that's locked on the router?
I have no option for increasing the wifi strength percent bar I have seen i in many review videos on YouTube.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 6

Re: Unlock region RAXE500 no Telnet option in debug

@ibashyougood wrote:
Hi, how do I unlock regions on an RAXE500?

Where did you buy it? Locked down regions seems to be a US thing. In most regions you can just change it in the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

What is the model number?  Is there anything on the box after the RAXE500?

What firmware are you one?

Message 2 of 6
ibashyougood
Aspirant

Hi, when i first got it it updated automatically to v.1.0.11.94 nothing worked, then I downgraded it to release firmware version and got regions to work for a few countrys and a blank option, at no point does the reset or led button work.
Bought on webshop in sweden, model is RAXE500-EUS, for what it costs it seems to have alot of issues 😮
Message 3 of 6
ibashyougood
Aspirant

I updated the firmware to 1.0.10.86_2.0.40 and bow it’s locked to middle east Saudi Arabia xD whats going on….
Message 4 of 6

@ibashyougood wrote:

Bought on webshop in sweden, model is RAXE500-EUS, for what it costs it seems to have alot of issues 😮

That's the European version. It should support all bands that are allowed in Europe without forcing you to jump through hoops.

My ancient R7800 lets me put it anywhere, including the US. But that probably has fewer wifi options to mess around with.

Unfortunately, Netgear has steadily removed things like Telnet, probably in pursuit of better security.

If this is a new purchase, you have 90 days of free support to batter Netgear around the head with support requests.

Message 5 of 6
ibashyougood
Aspirant

Yeah i think the issue is that EU sets a standard that they think is an okay overall value, Often the worst possible value for most countries. Wouldn’t surprise me. The channels i got now from being locked to Saudi Arabia is definitely not allowed here. Yeah but from experience, I usually get better tech support from member communities than official support but can’t speak about Netgear, my first router from them 🙂 yeah, got 30 days armor and 90 days support, ill give it ago! Yeah telnet was the best 😞
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7