× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Uverse TV not working with Router

Justbry
Aspirant

Uverse TV not working with Router

I installed the AX8 router last night to help with my speed on the internet, everything is now working as I hoped it would except for the Uverse tv's are freezing up every 10 seconds after changing channels.  The channel would play for a few seconds then freeze up, I would change channel it would work for 10 seconds then freeze, on and on for every channel.  The tv next to the router is fine but all the other tv's in the house this would happen to.  The internet signal I am getting throughout the house is excellent with this new router except for the tv.  The uverse modem I am using is BGW210-700...any thoughts on how to fix this?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Uverse TV not working with Router

Hello Justbry,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Does the issue occur on all channels or certain channels? This maybe due to an issue with your TV itself. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
Justbry
Aspirant

It happens in all channels, I have plugged the uverse equipment directly into the modem instead of the router which seems to have minimized the problems occurring. Not sure if that’s the proper resolution but it is working better.
Message 3 of 6
jkprinc
Aspirant

I am having the same exact problem descibed here, with my new RAX-40,  how was it resolved?

@Justbry wrote:

I installed the AX8 router last night to help with my speed on the internet, everything is now working as I hoped it would except for the Uverse tv's are freezing up every 10 seconds after changing channels.  The channel would play for a few seconds then freeze up, I would change channel it would work for 10 seconds then freeze, on and on for every channel.  The tv next to the router is fine but all the other tv's in the house this would happen to.  The internet signal I am getting throughout the house is excellent with this new router except for the tv.  The uverse modem I am using is BGW210-700...any thoughts on how to fix this?

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jkprinc, 

Do you currently have AX and/or Smart Connect enabled? If so, I would suggest disabling the features to see if there are any improvements. 

Christian 

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

@jkprinc wrote:

I am having the same exact problem descibed here, with my new RAX-40,  how was it resolved?

@Justbry wrote:

If you're using the BGW210, it has an integrated router with its modem. ATT is horrible at setting up their devices to run well in passthrough/modem only mode. And it can impact uverse. 

Have you tried leaving the ATT device in router mode (potentially disabling wifi) and running the RAX in access point mode? 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7