× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN

Jakexx
Aspirant

VPN

Just puchased this router and I want to install aVPN  . Does it support  OpenVPN or L2TP VPN client configurations  ?   Thanx !

Message 1 of 12
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: VPN

Hello Jakexx - Would you mind providing us with the model number (eg. RAX80) of the router you recently purchased.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 12
Jakexx
Aspirant

I have  a  Nighthawk AX3000  RAX 35 

Message 3 of 12
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Jakexx, 

Thanks for confirming. Please check out page 107 of the user manual using the link below for more information on VPN features on the RAX35. 

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RAX35/RAX35_UM_EN.pdf

Christian 

Message 4 of 12
schumaku
Guru

@Jakexx wrote:

Does it support OpenVPN or L2TP VPN client configurations?

You intend to configure some hide-my-a**-type VPN client on the router for connecting it to some VPN provider e.g. in a different country or under a different legislation?

@Christian_R wrote:

Please check out page 107 of the user manual using the link below for more information on VPN features on the RAX35.  

Christian, I fear this is not what the OP is looking for ...

Message 5 of 12
avtella
Prodigy

Yeah, go to the suggestions section and vot for my third party VPN suggestion because, NG does not support anything other than PureVPN on the Nighthawks, not sure why we are forced to have this its not only one of the slower VPNs, they also been caught logging contrary to their claims.

Message 6 of 12
Jakexx
Aspirant

Thanx ! I am considering returning it.  Any suggestions ?

Message 7 of 12
Jakexx
Aspirant

I will go there ! 

Message 8 of 12
schumaku
Guru

@avtella wrote:

...NG does not support anything other than PureVPN on the Nighthawks,...

Does the subject Nighthawk AX4 AX3000 4-Stream WiFi Router Model RAX35 suppor that at all?

Message 9 of 12
avtella
Prodigy

You're right, I forgot about the lack of consistency in feature set between models, true not every model even has the built in option.

Message 10 of 12
Jakexx
Aspirant

It doesnt cover it  on those pages

Message 11 of 12
Jakexx
Aspirant

Christian, It does not cover how to install VPN's in the manual. Which leads me to believe it doesnt support them Which will make me return it 

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7