× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Web pages unavailable - but ok after 3 or 4 browser refresh

Steve_in_TN
Aspirant

Web pages unavailable - but ok after 3 or 4 browser refresh

A few months ago, started having troubles accessing web pages, getting the Web Page Unavailable error, but the pages most of the time will come up after refreshing the browser 3 or 4 times. Happens on many different websites, all though with HTTPS prefix. It took me a while to realize it was the Netgear router causing this, as every device in the house would exhibit same behavior. It seemed to be associated with a router firmware update to 1.04.52. After a lot of troubleshooting, talking to people, and reading, I went backward to FW 1.02, and everything started working normal, for a few days anyway. The router again did an automatic update, this time to new release 1.04.62, and the web page access issue came back again. So, this time I took the router back to version 1.03.54, and once again all is good.
Netgear needs to be aware of this, as this problem was proven to be in the firmware revision, and repeated 2 times, with 2 different olde verions and 2 different new versions. So, it started with 1.04.52, and still exists in 1.04.62

Update....I tried once again to update to the latest 1.04.84, and the same thing happened again - web pages unavailable until refreshing 3-4 times. Going back to the older firmware again solves the problem.  Thank you for any help provided, would like to take advantage of latest updates but can't

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Web pages unavailable - but ok after 3 or 4 browser refresh

did you try it with ipv6 enabled? 

that fixed the issue for quite a few people

Message 2 of 4
Steve_in_TN
Aspirant

Yes, thank you for that hint, no improvement. And it works ok with or without IPv6 on the older FW.

Message 3 of 4
Kitsap
Master

After your enabled IPv6, did you power down your network and then restart it in sequence?

Power down by pulling power cords on both upstream modem and router.

Connect and boot the modem first.  Give it time to boot and stabilize.

Connect and boot the router.  Give it time to boot and stabilize before testing.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7