× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Where can I purchase the RAX200 AC Adapter?

HIYOL
Aspirant

Where can I purchase the RAX200 AC Adapter?

I bought RAX200 in Japan and want to use it in Korea, but the AC adapter is 100V-120V.
Since South Korea is 200V, I would like to purchase an AC adapter. Where can I purchase one?

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

NG doesn't sell power adapters separately. 

This pulls up on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/3-16A-Netgear-Nighthawk-RAX200-Power/dp/B019YU8N46

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Maybe some regional places like Amazon or online etailer that may have them. 

otherwise, may need to find a power converter maybe. 

Message 2 of 10
HIYOL
Aspirant

Do you know where to buy genuine NETGEAR adapters?
By any chance, do you know the model number of the AC200V adapter?

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

NG doesn't sell power adapters separately. 

This pulls up on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/3-16A-Netgear-Nighthawk-RAX200-Power/dp/B019YU8N46

Message 4 of 10
HIYOL
Aspirant

Thank you!!

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 6 of 10
Jeffgear
Luminary

NG needs to sell a range of original power adaptors for its products for all regional variations, i.e. 110-220V, with different power pins. 

There's a demand for these from users who buy from the global market place or from those who migrate and where the device is compatible with or configurable to local regulations.

Also the power adaptor is a component that's more likely to fail or get damaged in the home and it's not great doing a RMA for an entire system just to replace an adapter. It's also an easy component to eliminate when troubleshooting intermittent issues. 

What's the best way to provide his feedback into their marketing executive?

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 10

@Jeffgear wrote:

NG needs to sell a range of original power adaptors for its products for all regional variations, i.e. 110-220V, with different power pins. 

Not really.

Netgear uses industry standard adaptors that work on many different devices.

It is easy to buy an inexpensive generic replacement. Do you really want to fight with Netgear's on-line store?

What Netgear needs to do is to give advice on what people need to look for.

A simple KnowledgeBase article with a physical and electrical specification is better than offering to sell something that costs several times the price of a generic brick/wall wart

You might find that third party alternatives are better than something cheaper that Netgear sticks in a box.

That would be a really useful "Idea Exchange".

Message 9 of 10

@FURRYe38 wrote:

otherwise, may need to find a power converter maybe. 

NO!

Netgear does not sell replacement power adapters. Any generic transformer will work, as long as it has the right volts, enough amps and a tip with the right (+/-) polarity and dimensions. (Look at the label on your device or the old adapter.)

These things are pretty common, so first check to see if you have something compatible lying around.

The good news is that the adapter that came with your RAX200 may well work.

For some odd reason, perhaps the law, most adaptors sold in the US specify "120 volts". In reality they are 120/240 V transformers.  (Some US adapters say that too.)

The adaptor will work fine in 240V if you have the right cheap mains adapters.

I have used quite a few 120V adaptors. (Netgear sends them out with beta stuff.) Not one has gone bang when plugged in.

You can just plug yours into the wall. If it doesn't blow up, it will work. If it does go bang, it is dead and won't harm your router.

Believe me, there is plenty of experience of this behaviour reported around her.

The idea that you buy a power converter is misleading and perverse.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7