× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wi-Fi 6

GTI
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wi-Fi 6

I have a Nighthawk AC1900 with voice router. What is the equivalent model that isWi-Fi 6 compatible?
Message 1 of 9
microchip8
Master

Re: Wi-Fi 6

RAX20 or RAX30
Message 2 of 9
plemans
Guru

AC1900 is a speed, not a model. 

what actual model do you have?

What are you trying to do? If you're upgrading to an AX device, you have lots of potential from staying at the same basics to increasing the speeds all the way to triband or mesh. Are you wanting the same basic thing or wanting an upgrade (whole point of going AX)

Message 3 of 9
GTI
Aspirant
Aspirant

C7100B is the model number. Want eliminate dead spots. Faster WiFi would be better with wifi6? I’d Xfinity’s hardware better than what is available to buy?
Message 4 of 9
GTI
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Gateway is a Netgear C7100V, correction.
Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

the C7100v is a pretty solid device. How big is your home? 
It might be better to switch to a mesh system versus just upgrading the router. 

I say that because t he C7100v has pretty good coverage and upgrading to AX isn't going to get you much additional coverage.

reason why is the broadcast strength wasn't increased with the move from AC to AX routers. they get a little extra range just because of increased efficiencies but its not a lot. So if you have dead spots, it might be better to switch a mesh system that you can have 1 or more satellites to provide coverage. 

Message 6 of 9
GTI
Aspirant
Aspirant

The house is 2400sqft
Message 7 of 9

@GTI wrote:
The house is 2400sqft

For simple guidance, you can check options here:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

It even has size suggestions.

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

Message 8 of 9
plemans
Guru

The C7100V should cover 2400sq ft depending on what your home is made from. Certain materials block wifi really well like brick, concrete, foil lined insulation, HVAC in the walls, certain tiles, adobe, etc. 

What are your interior walls made from? 
you might benefit more from getting a wireless extender to help overlap your coverage to help with the dead spots versus getting a different router. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7