× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi filtering restricting security cameras from connecting?

minkdnd
Aspirant

WiFi filtering restricting security cameras from connecting?

Attempting to reconnect my Arlo pro4 wireless cameras to my network after installing my new RAX50 router.  Cameras will not connect after many attempts.  Arlo chat is asking this question:

Is there any Wi-Fi filtering enabled on your router or modem?
Examples include: MAC Filtering, MAC Restrictions, DHCP Filtering, or Access Control
These type of filters or access control may prevent the camera from joining your Wi-Fi network.
Please contact your router manufacturer or ISP to disable filtering.

I am trying to discover if there is filtering on my router.  Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
minkdnd
Aspirant

Re: WiFi filtering restricting security cameras from connecting?

Thank you for your response.  It seems that I have fixed the problem on my own after some research on Arlo site.  Thanks again for your response.  I believe it was not a router issue but an issue with the camera app.  I was able to connect through my laptop.  Have a great day!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What actual arlo model is it? There's a lot of pro 4's. (might also post in the arlo forum)

You have the RAX50?
What firmware is on it? 

Your modem is the cm2050v?

Are you using parental controls or access controls? that'd be something to check on the router. 

Any special characters in the ssid/password?

Message 2 of 3
minkdnd
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.  It seems that I have fixed the problem on my own after some research on Arlo site.  Thanks again for your response.  I believe it was not a router issue but an issue with the camera app.  I was able to connect through my laptop.  Have a great day!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7