× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi devices not connecting to rax75 after power loss

Hunghein
Aspirant

Wifi devices not connecting to rax75 after power loss

Power loss and doesn't allow all devices to get connected when power comes back. Sometimes it will work after power cycling the router again, or turning this off, then modem, turn on modem and the router and so on. Then update fw to the latest on and did these things still the same.

Its frustrating that devices do not connect automatically. Are the devices not renewing the IP address? Assigning a static ip sometimes work and will not do that for iot devices due to the volume.
Message 1 of 6
microchip8
Master

Re: Wifi devices not connecting to rax75 after power loss

Have you done a factory reset?

Static IPs are assigned to the device(s) itself and not on the router. On the router, you assign reserved IPs.
Message 2 of 6
Hunghein
Aspirant

Meaning start all over again? No and it doesn't make sense to do that all time. Trying to find a different solution.
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway do you have? 

Are you cycling the modem too? If so, power both off, then power the modem on (with nothing connected) and give it 2 minutes. Then power on the router and give it a bit to boot up. 

Message 4 of 6
Hunghein
Aspirant

Thanks but I tried all the power cycling for my router and modem.

Am not sure what my modem is but it's for fiber optic connection.
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

the fibre has to connect to something to convert to ethernet. what ONT or gateway is it connected to? 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7