× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xbox Speeds slow

Julian_Jay
Tutor

Xbox Speeds slow

Good evening !

I’ve exactly the same problem. I’ve 800Mbit speed on my IPad, Mac, Apple TV but unfortunately 40Mbit on Xbox_X. I own a brand new Night Hawk RX200 and I love it.

I have tried everything rebooting, configuring the router, tested different frequencies and parameters, without no avail. 

Dear sir would you please help med solve this mystery? It would be massively  appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Julian

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xbox Speeds slow.. Help!

@Julian_Jay just to clarify, which router do you have exactly?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xbox Speeds slow.. Help!

@Julian_Jay just to clarify, which router do you have exactly?
Message 2 of 5
Julian_Jay
Tutor

Xbox Speeds slow

Good evening!

Apologise for the miss spelling of the product. I’ll make an another effort to correcting the mistake..

The model is RAX 200 Night Hawk. What a connectivity and speed! I forgot to mention the marvellous futuristic design.

My extensive research showers there is a software issue with Xbox_X_series_X’s. I don’t think the AC protocol woking properly. It’s not able to handle the 4800 MHz range and needs an update. Almost all of owners are showing imitate concerns regarding the bug which limites the bandwidth. I would like to add many have tried wired connection with cat5.e.6.8 with similar results.

The mystery shall come to light and reveal itself with some debugging.

The “NIGHT HAWK” functions flawlessly.

Many thanks indeed for the outstanding product.

Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ahh, you'll want to make a post here instead: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-with-WiFi-6-AX-and/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wifi-ax... as this section is for the Nighthawk Pro Gaming range of routers

Message 4 of 5
Julian_Jay
Tutor

It might have been an app updating in the background. I had autoupdate active. When updating or an app is open the bandwidth reducers exponentially.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7