× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: how to connect RAX200 to my Hey Broadband brige mode

blacktigger72
Aspirant

how to connect RAX200 to my Hey Broadband brige mode

I have a recently changed my ISP to hey broadband from Talk Talk.

I ask for a Bridge Mode instead of a heybroad router because i have been using my own router RAX200. 

How to i connect my Bridge Mode to my RAX200

Hope this make sense bit of a novice.

thanks

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Can review online user manual for the RAX here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/

What Firmware version is currently loaded on the RAX router?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

May need ISP help and information regarding there modem...

Message 2 of 6

@blacktigger72 wrote:

I ask for a Bridge Mode instead of a heybroad router because i have been using my own router RAX200. 

I can't see any connection between your question and the other answer you received, which was just the usual boilerplate stuff.

Let's start from the beginning. What is the modem they supplied? Most ISPs supply modem/routers. (They talk of WiFi6 capable, which is a sure sign of a router.)

It is down to you to get the thing that delivers the Internet to you into bridge (modem only) mode. And that depends on what it is. (See above.)

If this is "full fibre" they may have provide an Optical Network Terminator (ONT). That delivers the Internet to an Ethernet port. All you have to do is to plug your RAX200 into the Ethernet.

Before you do that, reset the RAX200 to forget about its time with TalkTalk. Then just run through the setup process.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Like @michaelkenward says, what actual device are you connecting it to? That's a bit of key. 

And them setting it automatically to bridge mode is a pretty sketchy assumption to make. 

Most ISP's are pretty lazy and not going to do more than they need to. 

so its on you to check if its actually in bridge mode or not. 

And even if its not, you could just put the netgear's ip address into the supplied gateway's DMZ. 

Or there's other options but its key to know what you're starting with 

Message 4 of 6
blacktigger72
Aspirant

Hi All

Thank you for your replies, hopefully i have explained this a bit better now.

Old Set Up - Modem - MT992 G.fast Modem  and RAX200 Firmware V1.0.10.140 with talk talk ISP

New Set Up - Router RAX200 firmware V1.0.10.140 and Modem  Adtran 1287933F1. SDX 611 GPON ONT with ISP Hey Broadband

I have been given by Hey Broadband a user name and password and they have said i need to enter this user name and password into the router.

What is the best way of doing this. 

Thanks in advance

Message 5 of 6

@blacktigger72 wrote:

I have been given by Hey Broadband a user name and password and they have said i need to enter this user name and password into the router.

What is the best way of doing this. 

It is best done in the browser graphical user interface (GUI) that lets you manage the router.

How do I log in to my NETGEAR wireless router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

In the BASIC bit there is an Internet tab. Fill in the details that your ISP provided.

If you reset the RAX200, which you should do anyway for a new Internet service, the automated setup process should kick in and guide you through the sequence.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

All this assumes that it is a basic Optical Network Terminator (ONT) that doesn't have any fancy router features.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7