× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rax120 admin login authentication issues

rocevil
Follower

rax120 admin login authentication issues

I've got a weird authentication issues here.

I bought a RAX120 half a month ago and set up the router through Nighthawk app, everything worked fine until 3 or 4 days later I couldn't log into the router with correct admin password on routerlogin.net, neither can I recover the password with correct security answers. Then I tried hard reset the router but 3 or 4 days later same thing happened again.

I'm sure there's no type errors because I stored my password and security questions/answers in 1Password, I simply copy and paste them.

Any thoughts?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: rax120 admin login authentication issues

Hi rocevil,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
YZDude
Aspirant

Re: rax120 admin login authentication issues

I've had my router up and running fine since Sept 2020 but just recently I cannot access it with any existing devices that had previously accessed. I've done a hard reset of the router but still nothing. I recenlty purchased the Armor Secuirty and am thinking it has something to do with it.

Now my phone app can't even access it. I've got a TP-Link router that I'm using as well and all devices are running through it.

The reason I got this "TOP OF THE LINE Router" was to offload devices on the TP-Link.

I tried calling tech support and got the spiel that my phone support has expired... yada yada yada.

If I can't get this working here very soon; I'm sending it back in for a warranty replacment.

Any ideas?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7