× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

yet another reset to factory settings last night (nov 8)

bob70
Aspirant

yet another reset to factory settings last night (nov 8)

I've had a RAX43 (FW v1.0.12.120) nighthawk router for a year, using my own configured name/password.  It has never reset itself back to factory settings before, but something caused it to reset last night (no power outages occurred, my ISP is fiber and very stable).  Since it is coincidentally an election night in the US, and certain state actors have a vested interest in sowing chaos during our elections, I thought I would search here, to see if other users saw a similar reset happen... I do see other posts like this on this discussion.   Could Netgear look into whether these resets could have been triggered by en external bad actor? 

Message 1 of 3
fishrman88
Aspirant

Re: yet another reset to factory settings last night (nov 8)

I had a similar thing happen to my RAX50 router overnight as well. I had auto-update enabled in the web browser interface GUI and I woke up this morning with my main SSID reset to the factory default name/password. The Guest network name was not changed and all other settings were the same. Would this indicate the firmware needs to be re-installed via USB and the router  manually factory reset or is it safe to leave it as is?

(firmware version V1.0.12.120   Operating System: Windows 11)

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: yet another reset to factory settings last night (nov 8)

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? I recommend giving a reset and setup from scratch WITHOUT loading any saved backup configurations from file a try. 

@bob70 @fishrman88 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7