× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RS700 Port Forwarding Not Working

nfmmalice
Aspirant

RS700 Port Forwarding Not Working

Please don't tell me I just spent $700 on a router so I can Beta Test Netgear hardware. None of the Port Forwarding entries are working. NONE

Oh boy, not going to fly on that idea....

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RS700 Port Forwarding Not Working

Message 2 of 8
nfmmalice
Aspirant

Also I already have the latest Firmware when I installed the router it detected a new version after the initial setup. So that link does absolutely nothing for me.

Message 3 of 8
ShadowMario3
Apprentice

Double check and make sure you're on the latest firmware. Port forwarding was always working for me, and as you can see with the linked thread, port forwarding worked for others after they updated to the firmware update that fixed it.

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of FW is actually on the router?

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@nfmmalice wrote:

Also I already have the latest Firmware when I installed the router it detected a new version after the initial setup. So that link does absolutely nothing for me.

Message 5 of 8
nfmmalice
Aspirant

Firmware Version V1.0.7.82_2.0.80 is the version installed. Server reboots has occurred since the upgrade.

Message 6 of 8
nfmmalice
Aspirant

This is simply upgrading one of the two Netgear Nighthawk R9000's (Master Router) to a RS700. The modem is a Motorola Surfboard that has nothing to do with LAN. WAN is working just fine. Speeds are amazing. Accessing my home servers from remote locations is not working. Ports are not being forwarded (or not responding) to respective reserved IP's of different servers inside my home network.

Message 7 of 8
BH-C
NETGEAR Expert

Hi, I've sent you a couple of private messages, please check them. Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series