Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
patrykchoros
Tutor
Tutor

Hi All, 

Any tips or tricks on how to summarize daily recordings? My goal is to easily combine all footage from one day into fast moving review/overview video. I use Arlo to monitor kids daily activities and would love an option to simply review the day. 

One solution is to download all videos from one day, merge them, increase speed and then save such a review. But it is time consuming and highly complicated to automate...

Any suggestions?

P.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have a solution but some software may allow you to script the merging/editing you suggest.  I have a couple of Python scripts that automate the downloading but the actual editing would be the trick.  A quick Google of "scripted video editing" came up with results that I didn't look into but may be useful for your quest.

patrykchoros
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, 

after changes in the web interface it is very easy to download all day of videos at once. after that I do simple steps:

- merge/join videos using MP4Tools

- speed up using iMovie

The process is manual, but looks like it can be automated in some parts. 

P.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

patrykchoros wrote:

- speed up using iMovie

That's one thing I'd like to see in the app/browser - at least a 2x fast forward.

Edit:  added a suggestion for future consideration here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Fast-forward-when-viewing-videos/idi-p/1027522#M...

Add kudos to make it more likely to be added.